Designed and built specifically for the maritime industry, the Orca ESS product line from Corvus Energy represented a shift in maritime Energy Storage when launched in 2016. No other ESS can compete with the installation count of Orca Energy. Outstanding results and the highest level of safety has set the new industry standard for maritime batteries.
When launched, Corvus Energy combined its industry leading research & development capabilities and knowledge gained from having the largest global installed base of ESS solutions, to build the industry’s safest, most reliable, highest-performing and most cost-effective maritime ESS.
Orca Energy is ideal for applications that are primarily energy capacity driven, moving large amounts of energy at an inexpensive lifetime cost per kWh. Orca ESS is suitable for both all-electric and hybrid installations.
- Cruise ships
- Ro/Ro – Ro/Pax
- Offshore vessels
- Fishing vessels
- Merchant vessels
- Port cranes
- Shore charging
- Fish farms
- Highest C-Rates in the industry – up to a 6C peak C-rate
- Flexible and modular design
- Low installation and commissioning time
- Contained power connections – enhanced reliability
- Enhanced EMI immunity design for maritime environments
- Safety beyond class requirements
- Designed for pack voltages up to 1200VDC
- Scalable beyond 10MWh
- Industry-proven 4th generation BMS
- Easily monitored through the Watchman™ ESS Advisory Portal