Reporting to the Team Lead, Test Engineering, the Test Engineer is responsible for the planning and execution of testing, validation and certification of Corvus’ products.
- Lead the planning of short and long-term testing schedules.
- Write complete and well-documented test plans and reports.
- Execute electrical testing on the battery cells, battery modules, packs and arrays.
- Plan and execute destructive battery cell tests.
- Liaise with external lab facilities and execute EMC, environmental and vibration testing.
- Oversee life-cycle testing platforms and report on results.
- Maintain test records.
- Recommend test equipment required to meet testing objectives.
- Advise on environmental and electrical requirements for new products.
- Work safely and comfortably in a high voltage environment (~1000V).
- Write appropriate scripts/C++ applications to automate test hardware and analyze test results.
- Other duties as required.
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Engineering Physics degree (or equivalent) with 3+ years of experience in testing position.
- Experience with High Power battery systems, battery cycle testing and battery management systems is an asset.
- Proven experience in instrumentation and data-logging in test environments.
- Experience in mechanical fabrication and prototyping (You are equally at home with the 3D-printer as you are in the machine shop).
- Experience in a product-development environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in the marine industry or marine product development is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and recommending testing direction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize appropriate tasks.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Self-starting and ability to work with little supervision over periods of time.
- Strong relationship/interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are requisite for this position.
- An exciting position working for the world’s leading supplier of maritime energy storage solutions
- An opportunity to take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- An international work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Competitive salary and benefits
- International career opportunities
Application deadline: We encourage an early application.
We encourage you to send an early application and will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.