Software Engineer (Sust)
Corvus Battery Management Systems include embedded firmware, embedded Linux applications, and embedded Windows applications. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute across the entire suite of Corvus software and firmware while implementing high value enhancements. This position is on the front line of software delivery – diagnosing, designing, and deploying improvements and bug fixes.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design and testing of software components as required for Corvus battery systems and its application in different customer installations. This position is on the Battery Management, Modeling, and Analytics team, which is responsible for the software and control systems in all Corvus products.
- Develop software and firmware for battery management systems and related applications.
- Respond to internal technical enquiries and support troubleshooting/investigation of failure & bug reports
- Plan and implement engineering change orders (e.g., design changes, second sourcing, cost reduction, etc.)
- Perform unit and integration software tests.
- Participate in reviews on the battery system designs and changes.
- Participate in the development of software requirements, specifications, and documentation for battery management systems and related equipment.
- BASc/BSc in engineering or computer science, or an engineering technologist with equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in embedded software development and test.
- Experience with design, development, and configuration of automotive/industrial/SCADA communication protocols, both standards-based & proprietary.
- Experience in developing drivers for CAN, RS485, ADC and other interrupt driven hardware.
- Experience with some or all of the following: C, Python, Linux, SQL, CAN, Ethernet stack
- Experience in the use of standard tools such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers, etc.
- The following areas of experience would be nice-to-have: battery management systems, internet protocols and interfaces, broad product/system development experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong relationship/interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- An exciting position working for the world’s leading supplier of maritime energy storage solutions
- An opportunity to take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- An international work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Competitive salary and benefits
- International career opportunities
Application deadline: We encourage an early application.
We encourage you to send an early application and will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.