Technical Sales Engineer
Corvus Energy is the world’s leading supplier of safe, innovative, and reliable zero-emission solutions for all segments in the maritime industry. We are now looking for a new employee for our Fuel Cell department.
Reporting to the EVP & Project Director Fuel Cells, the Technical Sales Engineer’s role is to define the technical requirements with the customer and design system solutions that meet the customer’s requirements. The Technical Sales Engineer will serve as an enabler for Tech Sales functions with regards to the FC product and drive forward the modelling and implementation of optimal fuel cell and battery systems for future marine vessels.
- Provide system designs and other technical content for bids and proposals.
- Overcome technical obstacles to capture and close new business.
- Prepare documentation package for transfer of orders won to application engineers.
- Maintain a high level of technical understanding and hands-on knowledge of the company’s product portfolio.
- Interact with customers providing guidance on product integration options.
- Provide input to product managers on the market needs and future applications for our products.
- Perform system design simulations and other analyses.
- Some travelling may be required.
Education, qualifications, and skills
- Bachelor or master’s degree in either energy, process, electrical, mechanical or similar.
- Minimum two years of experience in the maritime industry and maritime operations.
- Experience with technical sales and product development.
- A track record of understanding and solving technical customer requirements.
- Excellent excel skills and basic programming skills.
- Experience in electrical system design and system integration.
- Knowledge of marine power engineering is an advantage.
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink is an asset.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills in English. Norwegian understanding is an advantage.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Self-motivated and structured.
- Drive and adaptability to fit with a growing company.
- Self-managed and takes initiative.
- Detailed-orientated personality type with the ability to effectively prioritize work tasks.
- Can identify relevant information from uncertain and incomplete sources and utilize to make decisions.
- Has a passion for supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge.
- An exciting position working for the world leading supplier of maritime energy storage and fuel cell solutions.
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space.
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- International career opportunities.
We encourage you to send an early application and will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however, only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.