Team Lead, Battery Management System
The Team lead, BMS is responsible for system level architecture, detailed technical specification and analysis, and providing technical guidance for the battery management system of Corvus. The BMS team is responsible for the sensors, circuit boards, embedded firmware, control software, battery management models, and algorithms used in Corvus products.
Main tasks and Responsibilities
- Battery management system architecture and design
- Ownership and maintenance of system and subsystem requirements and interfaces throughout the product development process
- Overall technical ownership of the Corvus common BMS, including all subsystems (PCB’s, sensors, firmware, BMOS, alarm and control algorithms), throughout the product life cycle
- Employ model-based design and other best practices for BMS development
- Conducting technical reviews, including DFMEA and review of validation results
- Provide technical guidance relating to system design and performance to other teams and departments
- International travel for support of commissioning or customer service (1-5 wk/year)
- Supporting sustaining engineering and troubleshooting initiatives
- Participate in 8D and CAR activities as may be assigned
- Other duties as required
Work experience and Qualifications
- Engineering or Technologist Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Engineering Physics with 7+ years of experience in testing.
- Experience in instrumentation and data-logging in test environments.
- Experience in mechanical fabrication and prototyping, in a product-development environment.
- BASc/BEng in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience designing, developing, and testing embedded/electronics/control systems
- 3+ years’ experience leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Experience in shipping production-grade firmware and electronics systems
- Experience in the marine industry or marine product development is an asset
- Experience with controlling systems with multiple Li-ion batteries
- Experience with model-based design and test-driven development
- Strong decision making, critical thinking, and analysis skills
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing technical specifications, documentation, and requirements
- An exciting position working for the world leading supplier of maritime energy storage solutions
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- International work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- International career opportunities
Application deadline: We encourage an early application.
We encourage to send an early application and will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.
Please send your application and resume, quoting the job title in the subject line, to: email@example.com