Reporting to the Technical Product Lead, Dolphin, the Systems Engineer is responsible for system-level technical specification and documentation, analysis and problem solving. Provide technical guidance for the teams in Technical and Project, Service, Manufacturing and Supply Chain. The position has main workplace in Bergen or Porsgrunn, Norway.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Battery management system specification updates.
- Hands-on problem solving of systems/modules/circuit boards. Performing tests and root cause analysis as necessary. Interfacing with the Manufacturing and Technical team.
- Ownership and maintenance of product documentation.
- Conduct technical reviews, including DFMEA, risk assessments, and review of validation results. Participate in 8D and CAR activities as may be assigned.
- Follow-up software release process and update specifications for BMS and PLC functionality.
- Some degree of travelling can be required.
Qualifications and Work experience
- BSc/BEng Mecatronics/Electrical/Mechanical or equivalent Engineer with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated Electrical/Electronics experience.
- Work experience with high voltage/high current DC products is preferable.
- Aptitudes with test equipment including oscilloscope, power supplies, data loggers, DC loads, hi-pot testers, etc.
- Able to read electrical and electronics schematics as well as mechanical drawings.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills in English. Norwegian understanding is a necessity.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Self-managed and takes initiative.
- Strong documentation and reporting skill.
- Detail-oriented personality type, self-starter, ability to handle multiple tasks with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Drive and adaptability to fit in with a growing company
- An exciting position working for the world leading supplier of maritime energy storage solutions
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Competitive salary and benefits
- International career opportunities
Application deadline: February 2nd
Please contact Per Øyvind Dammen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
We encourage you to send an early application and will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however, only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.