Reporting to Dolphin TPL, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible to deliver product improvements and lead the mechanical modifications/updates of the products and documentation. When applicable lead other engineers in the development, perform testing and Service follow-up of the updated designs. The position has main workplace in Bergen or Porsgrunn, Norway.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Mechanical Engineer will design and build modified/updated designs, necessary test jigs and fixtures to prove and determine performance or feasibility of the modified designs. Responsibilities include:
- Update and improve designs and documentation.
- Work with Operations (manufacturing/supply chain) and Engineering department to optimize design for cost and manufacturing.
- Participate in 8D and CAR activities as may be assigned.
- Manage follow-up of designs.
- Perform mechanical testing.
- Coordinate strength and thermal analysis(FEA) and fluid flow analysis(CFD).
- Some travelling can be required for follow-up at Corvus manufacturing sites and in Service.
Work Experience and Qualifications
- Mechanical/Mecatronics or equivalent engineering degree (BSc/BEng, MSc/MEng) with a minimum of three (3) years of experience.
- 3D modelling+assembly and 2D drafting/detailing capability required. Knowledge to Solidworks is preferable.
- Experience with building and releasing components and assemblies (BOM). Knowledge to Bluestar (PDM) is preferable.
- Experience in the following is preferable: FEA analysis, DFMEA’s and volume manufacturing.
- Electrical or electronics experience is an asset.
- Hands on experience with prototype building and problem solving is preferable.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills in English. Norwegian understanding is a necessity.
- Self-starter and self-going, structured, accurate with ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to lead others if needed
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Drive and adaptability to fit in with a growing company
- An exciting position working for the world leading supplier of maritime energy storage solutions
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Competitive salary and benefits
- International career opportunities
Application deadline: February 2nd
Please contact Per Øyvind Dammen (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
We encourage you to send an early application and will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however, only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.