Reporting to the Controller, the Junior Accountant processes invoices and supports the Finance and Administration Department with various administrative tasks.
Main tasks and Responsibilities
- Process AP invoices, employee expense reports and issue payments.
- Prepare AR invoices and process incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, PM, and customers.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Liaise with vendors/customers for payments, statements, and other enquiries.
- Prepare monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Support other accounting and finance team members, inventory management, and cost accounting.
- File GST and PST returns.
- Maintain an orderly filing system.
- Assemble information for external auditors for the year-end audit as required.
- Be actively involved in continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties as required
Work experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors or BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in a product development/manufacturing company and experience related to the role.
- Proficient at SolidWorks and 3D CAD Software.
- Experience with office administration and processing invoices.
- Accounting or payroll experience is an asset.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other cloud-based accounting systems.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Enrollment in the CPA program an asset.
- An exciting position working for the world leading supplier of maritime energy storage solutions
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- International work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- International career opportunities
Application deadline: We encourage an early application.
We encourage to send an early application and will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.
Please send your application and resume, quoting the job title in the subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org