Embedded Software Engineer – Orca
Corvus battery management systems include embedded firmware, embedded Linux applications, and embedded Windows applications, and utilities that run on Windows. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute across the entire suite of Corvus software and firmware while implementing high value enhancements. This position is on the front line of software delivery – diagnosing, designing, and deploying improvements and bug fixes.
The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for the design and testing of software components as required for Corvus battery systems and its application in different customer installations. This position is on the Orca ESS Engineering team. Orca ESS is one of the highest volume products currently being produced by Corvus.
Main tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop software and firmware for battery management systems and related applications.
- Perform unit and integration software tests.
- Participate in the development of software requirements, specifications, and documentation for battery management systems and related equipment.
- Planning and implementing engineering change orders (e.g. design changes, second sourcing, cost reduction, etc.)
- Participate in reviews on the battery system designs and changes.
- Respond to internal technical enquiries and support troubleshooting / investigation of failure & bug reports.
Work experience and Qualifications
- BASc/BSc in engineering or computer science, or engineering technologist with equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in embedded software development and test.
- Experience with design, development and configuration of automotive/industrial/SCADA communication protocols, both standards-based & proprietary.
- Experience in developing drivers for CAN, RS485, ADC and other interrupt driven hardware.
- Experience with some or all: C, Python, Linux, SQL, CAN, Ethernet stack
- Experience in various types of control systems: machinery, power, building, etc.
- Experience in the use of standard tools such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers, etc.
- The following areas of experience would be nice-to-have: battery management systems, internet protocols and interfaces, broad product/system development experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An exciting position working for the world leading supplier of maritime energy storage solutions
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- International work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- International career opportunities
Application deadline: We encourage an early application.
We encourage to send an early application and will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.
Please send your application and resume, quoting the job title in the subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org