We are pleased to announce an exciting career opportunity placed in our Head Office in Bergen. Reporting to the team lead, the Component Engineer is responsible for component evaluation (including power path), second-sourcing, and maintaining product documentation across the Corvus product line.
- Evaluate board-mount and other components for product suitability
- Perform second-sourcing, cost reduction, and other sustaining engineering activities
- Interact closely with supply chain and contract manufacturers to ensure product compliance and quality.
- Planning and implementing engineering change orders
- Test components and sub-assemblies as needed to validate performance
- Respond to internal technical inquiries on released products
- Verification of circuit board designs, including troubleshooting and rework, building and testing prototype systems, developing verification plans and documenting results
- Comply with Corvus procedures for configuration management and product data management (engineering change orders, revision management, etc.)
- Management and communication of technical risks & reporting
- Maintenance, creation, and ownership of technical documentation.
- Conduct technical reviews, including DFMEA and review of validation results
- Other duties as required
- Electrical Engineer with 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated Electrical/electronics troubleshooting experience.
- Experience interfacing with contract manufacturers and circuit board manufacturers.
- Experience with electronic design, schematic capture, and PCB design using Altium Designer
- Hands-on experience building and reworking circuit boards, both through hole- and surface mount (prototype-quality only)
- Detail-oriented personality type.
- Strong documentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An exciting position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime energy storage solutions
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- International work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- International career opportunities
We do appreciate every application received, however, only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.
Please contact Per Øyvind Dammen, Technical Product Lead – Dolphin, at email@example.com or Marita Tunes at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.