Battery Systems Modelling Engineer
Reporting to the Systems Modelling Lead, the Battery Systems Modelling Engineer is responsible to develop, implement, validate and update mathematical models for battery systems.
You can work from either our Bergen or Porsgrunn office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Selects or develops methodologies for mathematical modelling of battery cells, modules and systems. The models should be consistent and efficient to be used in different applications; control systems, sizing tools and in the cloud applications.
- Work with internal and external teams to calibrate and validate the developed models with testing.
- Assists with the configuration of BMS (Battery Management System).
- Simulates different operational conditions to optimize the performance of battery system
- Liaison with and provide technical assistance relating to use of models in other departments within Corvus (especially Tech sales, Control systems, and Digital) and external partners
Work Experience and Qualifications
- Engineering degree (BASc, MASc or PhD)
- Advanced skills in Matlab/Simulink, Python and other programming or simulation tools
- Critical thinking, applying logic and troubleshooting to solve complex problems competently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Effective relationship/interpersonal skills and ability to work resourcefully in a team environment
- Self-motivated and structured, with an eye for both detail and the overall perspective
- High working standard and work capacity
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Self-managed and takes initiative
- Can identify relevant information from uncertain and incomplete sources
- Drive and adaptability to fit in with a growing company
- An exciting position working for the world leading supplier of maritime energy storage solutions
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Competitive salary and benefits
- International career opportunities
Application deadline: November 30th, 2022
We do appreciate every application received, however, only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.
We encourage you to send an early application and will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however, only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.