As rules and regulations for emissions-free sailing get stricter, an increase in Ro-Pax shipowners consider how they may implement an Energy Storage Systems (ESSs) to comply with the regulations and, at the same time, be more energy efficient in their operations.
A Ro-Pax typically use ESS for:
- Optimized energy consumption by load levelling
- Maneuvering into port and in shallow waters
- Zero emission in port
- Increased safety and reliability – including black-out prevention
- Black start capability
- Reduced scrubber system size for ECA compliance
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Reduced emissions
- Safer operations
- More silent operations when in zero-emission mode
Corvus Energy ESS is suitable for both newbuilds and retrofit projects. To learn more about our products, please visit our product pages.