Bergen, Norway, November 23, 2023
The Board of Corvus Energy has appointed Fredrik Witte as the new CEO, starting January 1st, 2024. Witte joins from his position as the Managing Director of Cargill Aqua Nutrition. Chairman of the Board, Mikael Mäkinen, is very happy to welcome Witte on board and looks forward to the start of a new phase for the company.
– Corvus Energy is entering an important phase where the company will continue to build on a strong foundation and maintain its position as the market leader in a rapidly growing market. We are therefore very pleased that Fredrik has accepted to become the company’s new CEO. Fredrik brings extensive strategic and financial experience from companies in growth, something the Board believes is an excellent fit to lead Corvus Energy forward.
– Chairman of the Board, Mikael Mäkinen
Excited to join Corvus Energy
Fredrik Witte lives in Bergen, Norway and has extensive international experience in leading growth companies. For the past eight years, he has been the Managing Director of Cargill Aqua Nutrition’s operations in Norway, Scotland, and Canada, where he leads 450 employees. Witte has also served as the Chief Financial Officer for Rieber & Søn ASA in Bergen and has experience with Tomra Systems and DNB. He is excited to get started and to get to know the company better.
– Corvus is a unique global company. It is motivating to become part of a company that plays a key role in making the global maritime industry emission-free. I am therefore humbled to have been given the responsibility of leading the company and building upon a strong market position. First and foremost, I am looking forward to getting to know the business and the employees worldwide, where we together will continue to develop the company,” says the incoming CEO of Corvus Energy, Fredrik Witte.
Until Fredrik Witte starts January 1st, 2024, CFO Mette Rokne Hanestad will serve as the Interim CEO.
About the new CEO
Fredrik Witte (52)
- Has been the Managing Director of Cargill Aqua Nutrition’s operations in Norway, Scotland, and Canada since 2015
- Nearly 10 years of experience in the marine sector
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for Rieber & Søn ASA from 2009 to 2013
- Responsible for Investor Relations at Tomra Systems ASA from 2001 to 2005 and Financial Manager at Tomra North America from 2005 to 2009
- Key Account Manager at DNB, primarily focused on the energy sector, from 1995 to 2001
- Holds a degree in finance from the Wharton School of Finance & Commerce, University of Pennsylvania, USA
About Corvus Energy
Corvus Energy is the leading supplier of zero-emission solutions for maritime, offshore and port applications. Corvus Energy offers a full portfolio of energy storage and fuel cell systems, suitable for almost every vessel type, providing power systems in the form of modular lithium-ion battery systems and Hydrogen PEM fuel cell systems. Corvus Energy has unsurpassed experience from more than 900 projects. More than 50% of the world`s vessels with zero-emission technology are equipped with Corvus systems.
Anri Håvard Hebib
VP Strategy & Communication
+47 472 59 740